The Phat News of Mark
The Hippie Bible
By 2 Hawks
All Rights Reserved
1. Then He arose from there and came to the area of Israel,
west of the Jordan River. And people gathered to Him again, and
as He was accustomed, He taught them again.
2. The High Holies came testing Him, "Is it legal for a man
to divorce his wife?"
3. And He answered and said to the, "What
rap (1) did
Moses focalize to you?"
4. They said, "Moses permitted a man to write a divorce,
and to dismiss her (2)."
5. And Jesus answered and said to them, "Because
of the hardness of your hearts he taught you this rap.
6. "But from the beginning of creation, God 'made you male
7. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife:
8. "And the two shall become one flesh (3); so then they are no longer two, but one flesh
9. "Therefore what God has joined together, let no man separate."
10. And in the lodge His disciples asked Him again about the same
11. So He said to them, "Whosoever
divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against
12. "And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another,
she commits adultery."
13. Then they brought young children to Him, that He might touch
them; but the disciples schwagged those who brought them.
14. But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said
to them, "Let the little children come
to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
15. "Guaranteed, I say to you, whoever does not receive the
kingdom of God as a little child, will by no means enter it (5)."
16. And He took them up in His arms, put His hands on them, and
17. Now as He was going out on the trail, one came running, knelt
before Him, and asked Him, "High Holy Master, what shall
I do that I may gain eternal life?"
18. So Jesus said to him, "Why do you
call Me High Holy? No one is a high holy but God.
19. "You know the raps (6): 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not kill,' 'Do
not steal,' 'Do not tell lies,' 'Do not scam your bro,' 'Honor
your Momma and Poppa.'"
20. And he answered and said to Him, "Master, all things
I have observed from my youth."
21. Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell all
your gear and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in
heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me (7)."
22. But he was sad at this word, and went away, for he had many
23. Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches
to enter the kingdom of God!"
24. And the disciples were blown away at His words. But Jesus
answered again and said to them, "Children,
how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom
25. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a
needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God!"
26. And they were blown away beyond measure, saying among themselves,
"Who then can be saved."
27. But looking at them, Jesus said, "With
men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things
28. Then Rocky began to say to Him, "See, we have left all
and followed You."
29. So Jesus answered and said, "Guaranteed,
I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or
sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for
My sake and the Phat News,
30. "that will not receive a hundredfold now in this time-houses
and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with
persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life.
31. "But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
32. Now they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus
was going before them, and they were amazed. And as the followed
they were afraid. Then He took the twelve aside again and began
to tell them the things that would happen to Him:
33. Saying, "Behold, we are going up
to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man (9)
will be delivered to the High Holies
and to the L.E.O.s and they will deliver Him to death and deliver
Him to Babylon:
34. "and they will mock Him, and scourge Him, and spit on
Him, and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again (10)."
35. Then Jerry and Johnny, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying,
"Master, we want You to do for us whatever we ask."
36. And He said to them, "What do you
want Me to do for you?"
37. They said to Him, "Grant us that we may sit, one on Your
right and the other on Your left, in Your glory."
38. But Jesus said to them, "You do
not know what you ask. Can you drink the cup that I drink, and
be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized (11)?"
39. And they said to Him, We can." And Jesus said to them,
"You will indeed drink the cup that
I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized:
40. "But to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine
to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared."
41. And when they (the other disciples) heard it, they began to
be greatly displeased with Jerry and Johnny.
42. But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, "You
know that those who are considered rulers over the Hippies lord
it over them, and their high holies exercise authority over them.
43. "Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires
to become great among you shall be your servant.
44. "And whoever of you desires to be first shall be the
servant of all.
45. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but
to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."
46. Then they came to Moon City (12).
And as He went out of Moon city with His disciples and a great
multitude, blind Bart, the son of Timmy, sat by the road spanging.
47. And when he heard that it was Jesus the Branch (13),
he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy
48. Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the
more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
49. So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then
they called the blind man, saying to him, "Be of good cheer.
Rise, He is calling you."
50. And throwing aside His garment, he rose and came to Jesus.
51. And Jesus answered and said to him, "What
do you want Me to do for you?" The blind man said
to Him, "Master, that I may receive my sight."
52. Then Jesus said to him, "Go your
way; your faith has made you well." And immediately
he received his sight and plugged into Jesus on the road.
Rita, Sylvia, and Elaine, serving dinner in Ocala
When drawing close
To Him in worship
Love God with your whole being!
Love your fellow man as yourself!
Forgive one another
Footnotes & Commentary
More Hippie Gatherings:
Feather Trading Post
Federal Agents Kick Out Church
are the Rainbow?
Year's Eve 2002
Phat News Main Page
Click here to return to The Phat
News of Mark