The Phat News of Mark
The Hippie Bible
By 2 Hawks
All Rights Reserved
1. Now when they came near Jerusalem, to Green Figs kitchen
(1) and Ghetto Kitchen (2),
at the Mount of Olives, He sent out two of His disciples; and
said to them, "Go into the village
opposite you; and as soon as you have entered it you will find
a donkey tied, on which no one has sat. Loose it and bring it.
2. "And if anyone says to you, 'Why are you doing this?'
say, 'The Lord has need of it.' And immediately he will kick it
3. So they went their way and found the donkey tied by the door
outside on the street and they loosed it.
4. And some of those who stood there said to them, "What
are you doing, losing the donkey?"
5. So they spoke to them just as Jesus had commanded. And they
let them go.
6. Then they brought the donkey to Jesus and threw their hoodies
on it, and He sat on it.
7. And many spread their hoodies on the trail, and others cut
down leafy branches from the trees and spread them on the trail.
8. Then those who went before and those who followed cried out,
9. "Save us! 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the
10. Blessed is the kingdom that comes in the name of the Lord!
Save us to the max!"
11. And Jesus went into Jerusalem and into the temple. So when
He had looked around at all things, as the hour was late, He went
to the Ghetto Kitchen.
12. Now the next day, when they had come out from the Ghetto Kitchen,
He was still hungry.
13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to
see if perhaps He would find something on it. And when He came
to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season
14. In response Jesus said to it, "Let
no one eat fruit from you ever again." And His disciples
heard it (4).
15. So they came to Jerusalem. And Jesus went into the temple
and began to drive out those who traded in the temple, and overturned
the blankets of the moneychangers and the mats of those who sold
16. And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple.
17. Then He taught, saying to them, "Is
it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for
all nations'? But you have made it a 'den of thieves (5).'''
18. And the high holies and shamans heard it and sought how they
might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the people
were astonished at His teaching.
19. And at sunset, He went out of the city.
20. Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree
dried up from the roots.
21. And Rocky, remembering, said to Him, "Master, look! The
fig tree which You cursed has withered away."
22. So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have
faith in God.
23. "For certainly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,
'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his
heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass,
he will have whatever he says.
24. "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when
you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
25. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything
against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also
forgive you your trespasses.
26. "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father
in heaven forgive your trespasses."
27. Then they came again to Jerusalem. And as He was walking into
the temple, the shamen, the focalizers and the high holy hippies
came to Him.
28. And they said to Him, "By what authority are You doing
these things? And who gave you this authority to do these things?"
29. But Jesus answered and said to them, "I
will also ask you one question; then answer Me, and I will tell
you by what authority I do these things:
30. "The baptism of John, was it from heaven or from men?
31. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "If we say,
'From heaven,' He will say, 'Why then did you not believe him?'
32. "But if we say, 'From men,' they feared the hippies,
for all counted John to have been a prophet indeed.
33. So they answered and said to Jesus, "We do not know."
And Jesus answered and said to them, "Neither
will I tell you by what authority I do these things."
Double Rainnbow over Montana
When drawing close
To Him in worship
Love God with your whole being!
Love your fellow man as yourself!
Forgive one another
Footnotes & Commentary
More Hippie Gatherings:
Feather Trading Post
Federal Agents Kick Out Church
are the Rainbow?
Year's Eve 2002
Phat News Main Page
Click here to return to The Phat
News of Mark