The Phat News of Mark
The Hippie Bible
By 2 Hawks
All Rights Reserved
1. Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples
said to Him, "Master, see these fantastic buildings and stones
2. And Jesus answered and said to him, "Do
you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon
another, that shall not be thrown down (2)."
3. Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Rocky,
Jimmy, Johnny, and Andy asked Him privately,
4. "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be
the signal when all these things will be fulfilled (3)?
5. And Jesus, answering them, began to say: "Take
heed that no one deceives you (4).
6. "For many will come and use my name, saying 'I am He,'
and will deceive many.
7. "And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not
be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet.
8. "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against
kingdom. And there will be earthquakes around the world, and there
will be famines. These distresses are only the beginning of birth
9. "But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you
up to councils, and you will be duct-taped in the main circles.
And you will be brought before high holies and councils for My
sake, for a testimony to them.
10. "And the phat news must first be preached to all nations
11. "But when they bust you and drag you before council,
do not worry beforehand, or think about what you will say. But
whatever is given you in that moment speak that; for it is not
you who speaks, but the Holy Spirit.
12. "Now brother will rat on brother to death, and a father
his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause
them to be put to death.
13. "And you will be hated by all men for My name's sake.
But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14. "But when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken
of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the
reader understand), "then let those who are in Israel flee
to the mountains (7).
15. "And let him who is on the housetop not go down into
the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house.
16. "And let him who is in the field ot go back to get his
17. "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those with
nursing babies in those days!
18. "And pray that your flight may not be in winter.
19. "For in those days there will be tribulation, such as
has not been from the beginning of creation which God created
until this time, nor ever shall be.
20. "And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh
would survive; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He
shortened the days.
21. "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!'
or, 'Look, He is there!' do not believe it.
22. "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show
signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
23. "But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
24. "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will
be darkened, and the moon will not give her light;
25. "the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in heaven
will be shaken.
26. "Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds
with great power and glory.
27. "And then He will send His angels, and gather together
His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth
to the farthest part of heaven.
28. "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch
has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that
summer is near (8).
29. "So you also, when you see these things happening, know
that it is near, at the very doors.
30. "Guaranteed, I say to you, this generation will by no
means pass away till all these things take place.
31. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by
no means pass away.
32. "But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels
in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
33. "Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when
the time is (9).
34. "It is like a man going to a far country, who left his
house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work,
and commanded the doorkeeper to watch.
35. "Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master
of the house is coming. He might come in the evening, at midnight,
at the crowing of the rooster, or at noon:
36. "Lest coming suddenly, He catches you off guard.
37. "And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!"
When drawing close
To Him in worship
Love God with your whole being!
Love your fellow man as yourself!
Forgive one another
Footnotes & Commentary
More Hippie Gatherings:
Feather Trading Post
Federal Agents Kick Out Church
are the Rainbow?
Year's Eve 2002
Phat News Main Page
Click here to return to The Phat
News of Mark