The Phat News of Mark
The Hippie Bible
By 2 Hawks
All Rights Reserved
1. And again He entered the village Compassion
after some days, and it was heard that He was in the lodge and
set up CALM.
2. Immediately a gathering happened, so that there was no longer
room to receive them, not even near the door. And He taught the
(1) to them.
3. Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried
by four men.
4. And when they could not come near Him because the gathering
was great, they uncovered the roof of the lodge where He was.
And when they had broken through, they let down the bedroll on
which the paralytic was lying.
5. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Right-on, your sins (2) are forgiven you."
6. But some of the Hi-Ho's were sitting there and reasoning in
7. "Why does this Man dis (3) God
like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
8. And immediately Jesus discerned in His spirit what they were
thinking, He said to them, "What
makes your heart think like that?"
9. "Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins
are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise take up your bedroll and
10. "But that you may know that the Son of Man (4) has power on earth to forgive sins," He said to the paralytic,
11. "I say to you
arise, take up your bedroll, and go your way to your lodge."
12. And immediately he arose, took up his bedroll, and went out
in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified
God, saying, 'That is Phat! We never saw anything like this!"
13. Then He went out again by the Lake; and all the hippies came
to Him, and He taught them.
14. And as He passed by, He saw Matt, Al's son, sitting at the
government collection agency, and said to him, "Follow Me." And he
arose and followed Him.
15. Now it happened, as He was eating at Matt's kitchen, that
a lot of repo-men (5) and hippies also
sat with Jesus and His growing tribe for there were many, and
they all followed Him.
16. And when the Hi-Ho's and focalizers saw Him eating with bill
collectors and hippies, they said to His disciples, "How
is it that He eats and drinks with bill collectors, hippies and
17. When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a CALM (7), but those who are sick. I did not come to call the
shamen (8), but hippies to turn from Babylon
18. And the disciples of John the Baptist and the Hi-Ho's were
fasting. And they came and said to Him, "Why do the disciples
of John and the Hi-Ho's fast, but your followers do not fast?"
19. So Jesus explained to them, "Right-On.
Can the friends of the bridegroom (9) fast while the bridegroom is with
them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them they should
20. "But the days
will come when the bridegroom will be taken away (10) from them, and then they will fast in those days."
21. "No one sews a patch of un-shrunk corduroy on an old
hoodie; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the
tear is made worse."
22. "And no one puts new wine in to old wineskins (11); or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine
is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be
put into new wineskins."
23. Now it happened that He went through gleaning the grain-fields
on a High Holy Day (12), and as they went
His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain.
24. And the Hi-Ho's said to him, "Look, why aren't they blissing
out (13) on a High Holy Day?"
25. But He said to them, "Have
you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry,
he and those with him;
26. "how he went into the house of God in the days of Abby
the high holy rabbi, and ate the sacred-bread, which is not lawful
to eat, except for the priests, and also kicked down some to those
who were with him (14)?"
27. And He said to them, "The
High Holy Days were made for man, and not man for the High Holy
28. "Therefore the
Son of Man is also Lord of the High Holy Days (15)."
Caroline Carter and Nick Ward in the
Ocala National Forest
When drawing close
To Him in worship
Love God with your whole being!
Love your fellow man as yourself!
Forgive one another
Footnotes & Commentary
1. Word: The written
breath of God as presented in the Law (Torah) and the Prophets.
This was significant because the poor didn't get teaching. The
Word in Greek is Logos. Jesus is the Logos and the Manna that
came down from heaven. John said, "In the beginning was the
2. Sins: Spiritual pollution
from living for Babylon.
3. Dis: To slander,
profane, or blaspheme one's character.
4. Son of Man: This is
a prophetic reference from the Book of I Enoch, Chapter 68:38.
"They (angelic hosts) blessed, glorified, and exalted, because
the name of the Son of Man was revealed to them." God gave
them a sign by which they would know who the Christ would be.
He would iden. tify Himself as the Son of Man. The Book of I Enoch
is canonized in the Ethiopian Bible and was found in the Dead
Sea Scrolls. It predates the New Testament by over 400 years.
It was not canonized in Protestant Bibles. It is quoted by Zechariah,
Jesus, Peter and Jude.
Book of I Enoch.
5. Repo-men are bill
6. A-Campers: A (alcohol)
camp is the drinkers camp in the parking lot at a gathering.
7. CALM: C.A.L.M. Center
for Alternative Living Medicine.
8. Shaman: A spiritual
guide, guru, and/or herbalist.
become a Rainbow Chaplain.
9. The bridegroom
is Jesus. Fasting would be in order after His death on the cross.
More Hippie Gatherings:
Feather Trading Post
Federal Agents Kick Out Church
are the Rainbow?
Year's Eve 2002
Phat News Main Page
Click here to return to The Phat
News of Mark
You are Invited.
10. Bridegroom taken
away: This is a prophetic word that Jesus knew He would be crucified.
11. Wine was made in
goatskins. As the wine fermented it would expand. If the goatskin
is new it will expand with the wine. If it is old it will burst.
Jesus is the new wine in you. In order for you to grow with your
experience you can't hold on to the old ways of Babylon. You must
be new or born again. You must turn your back on Babylon or burst
from the pressure of it.
12. High Holy Day:
Like the morning of the 4th of July. It may be a new moon or solstice,
a day of rest for each week. The Jews observed it on Saturday.
13. Blissing out: Resting.
To the Jews it was unlawful to work on the Sabbath. But really,
they were just being critical and looking for something to be
agro about. They were trying to prove their spiritual superiority
and dis the ministry of Jesus.
14. See 1 Samuel 21:6.
15. Jesus points out
that God's law is for the benefit of man because God is love.
God intended to love and care for mankind by giving them one day
off a week. Originally He planned for everyday off until after
the fall. He knew that Babylon has cruel, selfish, and insensitive
bosses and He had to make them give their employees one day off
a week. They would not have done so otherwise. God is always thinking
of the poor and how He can protect them.