The Phat News of Mark
The Hippie Bible
By 2 Hawks
All Rights Reserved
1. In those days, the gathering being very
great, and having nothing to eat, Jesus called His disciples to
Him and said to them,
2. "I have compassion
on the gathering, because they have now been with Me three days
and have nothing to eat.
3. "And if I send them away hungry to their own lodges, they
will faint on the way, for some of them have come from far away."
4. The His disciples answered Him, "How can one satisfy these
people with bread here in the wilderness?"
5. He asked them, "How
many loaves do you have?" And they
6. And He asked the gathering to sit down on the ground. "Circle!" And
He took the seven loaves and gave thanks, broke them and gave
them to His disciples to set before them; and they set them before
7. And they had a few small fish; and having blessed them, He
said to set them also before them.
8. So they ate and were filled, and they took up seven large baskets
of leftovers (1).
9. Now those who had eaten were about four thousand. And He sent
10. And immediately He got into the boat with His disciples and
came to the area of Magdala.
11. And the Hi-Ho's came out and began to dis Him, seeking from
Him a miraculous sign from heaven, testing Him to see if He could
prove His ministry (2).
12. But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, "Why does this religious caste
(3) seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you,
no sign shall be given to this caste."
13. And He left them, and getting into the boat again, departed
to the other side.
14. Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, and they did
not have more than one loaf with them in the boat.
15. Then He charged them, saying, "Take heed, beware of the leaven (4) of the Hi-Ho's and the leaven of Babylon."
16. So they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because
we have no bread (5)."
17. And Jesus being aware of it, said to them, "Why do you reason because you have no bread?
Do you not yet understand? Is your heart so hardened?
18. "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you
not hear? And do you not remember?
19. "When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand,
how many baskets full of leftovers did you take up?" They said to Him, "Twelve."
20. "And when I broke
the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of
leftovers did you take up." And they
21. So He said to them, "How
is it you do not understand (6)?"
22. Then He came to Fish Camp; and they brought a blind man to
Him, and asked Him to touch him.
23. So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the
town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him,
He asked him if he saw anything.
24. And he looked up and said, "I see men like trees, walking."
25. Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look
up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly.
26. And He sent him away to his lodge, saying, "Neither go into the town, nor tell anyone in
the town (7)."
27. Now Jesus and His disciples went out to the towns of Caesar-Phillip;
and on the trail He asked His disciples, saying to them, "Who do men say that I am?"
28. And they answered, "John the Baptist; but some say, "Eliyah;
and others, one of the prophets."
29. He said to them, "Who
do you say that I am?" And Rocky answered
and said to Him, "You are the Christ (8)."
30. Then He charged them that they should tell no one about Him.
31. And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer
many things, and be rejected by the Hi-Ho's, shamen. L.E.O.'s,
and focalizers, and be killed, and after three days rise again
32. He spoke this word openly. And Rocky took Him aside and began
to schwag Him.
33. But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples,
He schwagged Rocky, saying, "Get
behind me Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God,
but the things of men (10)."
34. "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross, and follow Me.
35. "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but
whoever loses his life for My sake and the Phat News will save
36. "For what will it profit a man if he attains all of Babylon,
and loses his own spirit?
37. "Or what will a man give in exchange for his spirit?
38. "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this idolatrous
and polluted day, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when
He comes in the glory of His Father with the High Holy Angels
The Kitchen of Oz Feeds Phat!
When drawing close
To Him in worship
Love God with your whole being!
Love your fellow man as yourself!
Forgive one another
Footnotes & Commentary
More Hippie Gatherings:
Feather Trading Post
Federal Agents Kick Out Church
are the Rainbow?
Year's Eve 2002
Phat News Main Page
Click here to return to The Phat
News of Mark