The Phat News of Mark
The Hippie Bible
By 2 Hawks
All Rights Reserved
1. And He said to them, "Guaranteed,
I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste
death till they see the kingdom of God present with power."
2. Now after six days Jesus took, Rocky, Jerry and Johnny, and
led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was
transfigured (1) before them.
3. His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such
as no launderer in Babylon can whiten them.
4. And Eliyah appeared to them with Moses, and they were talking
5. Then Rocky answered out of his fear and said to Jesus, "Rabbi
(2), it is good for us to be here; and
let us make three tents; one for You, one for Moses, and one for
6. because he didn't know what to say, for they were freak'n out.
7. And a cloud (3) came and overshadowed
them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This
is My beloved Son. Focus on Him."
8. Suddenly, when they had looked around, they saw no one anymore,
but only Jesus with themselves.
9. Now as they came down from the mountain, He commanded them
that they should tell no one the things they had seen, till the
Son of Man had risen from the dead.
10. So they kept this word to themselves, questioning what the
rising from the dead meant.
11. And they asked Him, saying, "Why do the focalizers say
that Eliyah must come first?
12. Then He answered and told them, "Eliyah
does come first, and restores all things. And how is it written
concerning the Son of Man, that He must suffer many things and
be treated with contempt?
13. "But I say to you that Eliyah has already come, and they
did to him whatever they wished, as it is written of him (4)."
14. And when He came to the disciples, He saw a great multitude
around them, and focalizers disputing with them.
15. Immediately, when they saw Him, all the people were greatly
amazed, and running to Him, greeted Him.
16. And He asked the focalizers, "What
are you discussing with them?"
17. Then one from the gathering answered and said, "Teacher,
I brought You my son, who has a mute demon.
18. "And whenever he seizes him, he throws him down; he foams
at the mouth, gnashes his teeth, and becomes rigid. So I spoke
to Your disciples, that they should cast him out, but they could
19. He answered him and said, "O faithless
generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear
with you? Bring him to Me."
20. Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw him, immediately
the demon convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and spazzed,
foaming at the mouth.
21. So He asked the father, "How long
has this been happening to him?" And he said from
22. And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the
water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion
on us and help us.
23. Jesus said to him, "If you can
believe, all things are possible to him who believes."
24. Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with
tears, "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!"
25. When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He schwagged
the unclean spirit, saying to him, "You
deaf and dumb demon, I command (5) you, come out of him, and enter him no more!"
26. Then the demon cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came
out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, "He
27. But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.
28. And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him
privately, "Why could we not cast him out?"
29. So He said to them, "This kind
can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting (6).
30. Then they departed from there and passed through Galilee,
and He did not want anyone to know it.
31. For He taught His disciples and said to them, "The
Son of Man is being delivered into the hands of men, and they
will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third
32. But they did not understand this saying, and were afraid to
33. Then He came to Compassion. And when He was in the lodge He
asked them, "What was it you disputed
among yourselves on the road?"
34. But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among
themselves who would be the greatest.
35. And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, "If anyone desires to be first, he shall
be last of all and servant of all."
36. Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them.
And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them,
37. "Whoever receives one of these
little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me,
receives not Me but Him who sent Me."
38. Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone
who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we
forbid him because he does not follow us."
39. But Jesus said, "Do not forbid
him, for no one who has power in My name can soon afterward speak
evil of Me.
40. "For he who is not against us is on our side.
41. "For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My
name, because you belong to Christ, Guaranteed, I say to you,
he will by no means lose his reward.
42. "And whoever causes one of these little ones who believe
in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone (7) were hung around
his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.
43. "And if your hand makes you stumble (8), cut it off. It is better for you to enter into
life maimed, than having two hands, to go to hell (9), into the fire that shall never stop-
44. where worm does not die and the
fire will not stop.'
45. "And if your foot makes you stumble, cut it off. It is
better for you to enter life lame, than having two feet, to be
cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be stopped-
46. where their worm does not die and
the fire will not stop.'
47. "And if your eye makes you stumble, pluck it out. It
is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than
having two eyes, to be cast into the fires of hell-
48. where their worm does not die and
the fire will not stop.'
49. "For everyone will be tested with fire (10), and every sacrifice will be tested with salt
50. "Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how
will you season it? Have salt in your selves, and have peace with
A group hug in Montana summer 2000.
When drawing close
To Him in worship
Love God with your whole being!
Love your fellow man as yourself!
Forgive one another
Footnotes & Commentary
More Hippie Gatherings:
Feather Trading Post
Federal Agents Kick Out Church
are the Rainbow?
Year's Eve 2002
Phat News Main Page
Click here to return to The Phat
News of Mark